Categories of Labor Forbidden on Shabbat
as explain in Leo Trepp, A History of the Jewish Experience
1. The growing and preparation of food: plowing, sowing, harvesting, and so forth; baking, cooking, broiling: 11 prohibitions.
2. Clothing: shearing, washing, bleaching, spinning, weaving, sewing, and similar work: 13 prohibitions.
3. Leather work and writing: catching animals, slaughter, skinning, tanning, preparation of furs, preparation of parchment, writing, erasing, and so on: 9 prohibitions.
4. Shelter: building or demolition for the purpose of re- building: 2 prohibitions.
5. Fire: kindling and extinguishing: 2 prohibitions.
6. Work completion: the final hammer stroke and touch: 1 prohibition.
7. Transportation: Moving objects from one private domain to another, or into public domain, or within public domain, or from public to private domain: 1 prohibition.